Rose Sword - Echinodorus Rose
Easy to care for - Low/Medium lighting
The Sword rose plant is a beautiful mid- or background plant that is an excellent choice for beginners to the planted aquarium. Sword rose plants produce wide, oblong leaves with beautiful striation, wavy texture, and a range of colors from pink to greenish brown. New leaves on the plant are pink or bronzy colored and will turn bright to dark green as they mature. These plants are easy to care for and do not require CO2 injection, but as with most plants, they do need a nutrient-rich substrate in order to really thrive. They will tolerate low to moderate lighting just fine, but higher lighting brings out more color in the leaves.
Sword rose plants will grow emersed or submerged. The emersed plant produces flowers that seed into the substrate. Submerged plants propagate through runners. To control the spread of Sword rose you can trim away the runners.
- Echinodorus is a very hardy species of aquatic plants. Most Echinodorus require nutrient-dense soil to thrive as they are heavy root feeders.
- Echinodorus grow fairly large and are more suitable for larger planted aquariums.
- Do not make drastic changes to the aquarium. Unstable parameters will result in melt and rotting of the aquarium plant.
- Please be sure to remove this plant from its pot. Remove the cotton surrounding the roots and plant into a quality substrate.
- CO2 injection and quality aquarium soil will yield better growth.
- Please research appropriately to ensure your plant thrives.