Fritz Expel-P Deworming Treatment - 20 Pack
Expel-P is a levamisole HCL-based medication that is effective in safely and effectively deworming ornamental fish. Expel-P also acts as an immunostimulant agent. Expel-P is very safe and is effective against many internal parasites, especially nematodes, when used as directed. It won’t harm the bio-filter, or other non-worm invertebrates or uninfected fish. As an added benefit, it boosts the immune response of fish. It is effective against Nematodes, Roundworms, Nodular Worms, and Hookworms. Expel-P also works as a coral dip to treat for flatworms and pest nudibranchs. Expel-P does not treat Cestodes (tapeworms) or Trematodes (flukes).
- Provides Fast Relief
- Won’t discolor the water
- Safe and gentle for most fish
Disease treatment in a quarantine tank is always recommended when possible. Expel-P contains levamisole HCL, which is not safe for use in the presence of ornamental worms (Featherduster worms, etc). Always observe tank inhabitants carefully when treating, and be prepared to perform a water change and add fresh activated carbon if necessary.
Available in Two Sizes
- 10 count
- 20 count
Active Ingredients: 113 mg levamisole hydrochloride per packet
Use of a hospital tank is recommended. No water changes, pH or temperature adjustments necessary if readings are in ideal range. Remove all chemical filtration (carbon, ion exchange resins) before and during use. UV Sterilizers, if present, must be turned off during treatment. Aeration and water flow should be maintained. In marine aquariums, turn off protein skimmer during treatment; resume use after completion of treatment. The active in Expel-P is light sensitive and works best with aquarium lights turned off during treatment. Expel-P is stable in water for up to90 days and will do its job in aquaria at any pH.
- Use 1 packet Expel-P per 10 gallons of water.
- Perform a 25% water change, taking care to remove excreted worms/parasites after 24 hours.
- Repeat the cycle one additional time one week later to prevent reinfection.
- Repeat weekly treatments as necessary.
- Use three packets Expel-P per two gallons of salt water.
- Place affected corals into dip for up to 30 minutes with adequate water flow to assist in worm removal.
- Once worms stop falling off, the coral can be returned to display or quarantine tank.
- Treatment does not affect eggs. Treatment can be repeated once per week, up to three times.