Seachem PolyGuard 10g IN STOCK!
PolyGuard is a highly effective treatment and preventative against all common bacterial, fungal, and parasitic diseases in exotic fish. PolyGuard is one of Seachem's strongest medications and ideal for use when you are unsure of the disease or when fish are suffering from multiple infections.
While we are often tempted to reach for the most powerful medication available, most often it is best for the fish if we attempt a proper diagnosis and treat with a gentler medication if possible, especially if the infection is not severe. As one of the strongest medications available, Polyguard is best reserved for times when diagnosis may be uncertain or when your fish may have multiple infections and a stronger treatment is necessary.
- Broad spectrum medication blend
- Treats bacterial, fungal and parasitic diseases
- Good choice when unsure of the disease
- Freshwater only
Disease treatment in a quarantine tank is always the preferred option. Since Polyguard contains multiple ingredients that are harmful to invertebrates such as snails and shrimp, this medication should not be used in their presence, or they should be removed prior to treatment. Always observe tank inhabitants carefully when treating, and be prepared to perform a water change and add fresh activated carbon if necessary. When the treatment period is over, Polyguard can easily be removed using activated filter carbon. It does not linger in the substrate or filter media of the tank.
Sulfathiazole (36%), malachite green (1.9%), nitrofurantoin (0.14%), nitrofural (0.14%), quinacrine dihydrochloride (0.27%). Inactive ingredients: excipients (61%)
• Remove all invertebrates - these are extremely sensitive to medication.
• Turn off UV filters, ozone filters, and remove chemical filtration media.
• Use 1 measure (included) per every 10 gallons (40 liters) of water.
• Repeat this dose every 72 hours for a maximum of 2 weeks.